I just realized that my daily routine more than a month ago is like a cup of coffee that is unpleasantly bitter, lacking in nice creamy flavor milk and sugar. Imagine waking up two hours before your work schedule and battling your way through a traffic jam, walking from the point where you got of the vehicle, and reaching the office like a sweaty pig because of the scorching afternoon heat . Indeed like a cup of coffee – a cup full of passionate rants and nonsense rambles.
Until one day (a.k.a. the other day), I realized that this kind of habit is completely draining my good energy. So I suggested sharing good thoughts instead of our usual noisy negative talk, to which my friends replied:
Friend 1:Ako masaya ko kasi napaginipan ko si Zac Efron
Friend 2: Nag-inuman kami ni crush nung Friday tapos sabi niya crush niya din ako. Hihi.
Friend 3: Tinanghali ako ng gising pero di ako na-late sa work!
Friend 4: Yung crush ko dati, crush ko lang pero ngayo ka-sex ko na! Myyggaaahhd!
Me: Nag-123 ako sa jeep kanina pero di ako nahuli!
LOL instant mood lifters!
So, to pick my spirits up, I tried to think of more good thoughts all day like:
- The feeling I get when removing a bra after a long day’s work
- Planning a trip because DECEMBER has not one, not two, but THREE non-working holidays (Christmas, my birthday, and New Year’s eve)!
- Having the time to finish a good book despite everything else
- Skipping workout for two weeks and letting my lazy ass be lazy
- Being stranded in front of a cheap salon that offers foot massage for only Php 99 pesos. No umbrella = foot massage.
- Sincere “how are you”s
- Realizing it’s already Thursday and weekend is coming soon
- Exact amount of coins to pay for the jeepney ride
- Someone to look forward to every single day
- “Blast from the past” songs that I downloaded just recently
- New underwears
- The feeling I get whenever the clock strikes 1:30 am during Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays
- Working with some people who lights up my mood during stressful shifts
- Sleeping under a warm blanket during rainy evenings
- Vacation Leaves
Fun times. I think I should do this more often and stop sucking up. I should look up and smile sweetly.